Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Scrapping Goals '09......update

Goal making is not for the faint of heart.....or the scatterbrained.

While I wouldn't say I'm a total failure since any result at all from making goals is a good thing, I wouldn't exactly say I'm having great success with achieving my goals either.

1) taking daily pictures - so not happening BUT I am making a more conscious effort to use my camera and I have been taking pictures (including one of the shipping label on my latest CTMH parcel....and Carrie called me a freak for taking it - whatever! I was excited...and it IS a picture from my daily life) Anyway, some of my recent pictures are pretty cool. I've been spending some time getting to know some of the more advanced features of my new camera and the results rock. I'd post a picture or two but my camera has been loaned out to a camera-less Carrie so she can take pics of that cute kid of hers while her own camera is touring worlds down-under for a month. My latest experiments are still on my camera but I'm hoping to have it back in a few days to retrieve them.

2) one layout a week - hahaha. Oh I make myself laugh. I've managed to start 4 layouts this year (not counting the one I "started" for the January demo). Started as in, they aren't quite finished - they either need journalling done, or I messed up an accent and need to redo it, or I didn't have something I wanted to use with me at the crop Carrie and I went to last week. I did manage to finish a layout I started 4 years ago though. Does that count? Anyway, scrapping at home just isn't happening lately. I blame massive doses of cold medication, plague-carrying children, a teen drama queen hell bent on making me into a raving lunatic and a stack of accounting paperwork I need to do for the government before they lock me up for reasons other than insanity. Oh and planning for the May Crop has been high on my priority list too so sitting down to scrap hasn't been.

3) printing pictures once a month ---- oh oh oh! I did this one! I had about 50 pictures printed this month! Awesome pictures - some recent, some from a couple years ago. So excited to have new material to help inspire me to scrap.

4) and I am having a scrapping good year so far. Even if I'm not getting actual pages done, I've been sketching and journalling and planning future pages.....and shopping. Heehee. How can all that not make for a good scrapping year.

Anyone else make any goals this year? How are you doing on them?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kirsten...glad I've found you here...now I can start checking up on you again! I've missed you.

    Yo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweetie! Miss you too.
    Glad you stopped by. If you haven't seen it yet - go check out one of my earliest posts in December. There is a layout I did for mom with pictures of your beautiful girls.

    ~K

    ReplyDelete