Wednesday, March 4, 2009

And now for some artwork......

Everyone was busy or out of town for February's crop and even my mother-in-law bailed on me but I spent the whole day scrapping - in my dining room. I had a great time. I didn't get much more done that I usually do during crop at the hall but I did manage to finish up a few layouts that I'd started recently plus a couple more. I love the way these turned out!


First - a couple layouts of Carrie's son, Linden. I'd taken my camera to her place and spent some time rolling around on the floor with the newly mobile little guy (who's now way mobile only a couple months later).

*That's How I Roll* The title is a spin-off of something that's said at his mom's work. I thought it made a perfect title for these pictures. I just noticed I forgot to use my new calendar stamp - the Jan'09 SOTM to put the date in the bottom right corner of this layout.




all items are CTMH: It's a Guy Thing Level 2 PaperPack; Textured Cardstock-New England Ivy; Dimensional Elements Fresh Shapes; Ink: White Daisy Pigment, Desert Sand, Cocoa & Garden Green; Classic Caps stamp set (discontinued) & DE Classic Alphabet (discontinued); Coluzzle Circle & knife (also used a large dinner plate as a circle template for the larger circles); Clear Inspirations - buttons; white hemp;
cutting knife; liquid glass - as adhesive for the chipboard elements and button...very impressed with it's holding power.



*Big Boy*

















* CTMH items: It's a Guy Thing Level 2 PaperPack; liquid glass
*other: scrap chipboard from coasters


I'd taken my camera to the bowling centre to do a photo-shoot of Aarica to be used for a Special Olympics Bowling article in the local paper (don't think the article was ever published). I was still in the process of getting to know my camera and this photo was one of the better pictures in the bunch.

Love the quote: Write on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

















CTMH items: Evensong Level 2 PaperPack; Heart Throb (dec'08sotm); Sparkles; Tulip Ink.
CM: vellum quote

Some of the pictures I had printed last month included shots from the kids first day of school in September '07. This was Owen's very first - first day of school.


*Kindergarden* September 5, 2007 Owen is ready for Ms Lewis' kindergarden class.

















ctmh items: NEW Stardust Level2 PaperPack, Stickease & Flexi Labels; The Works alphabet stamp set; White Daisy Pigment Ink; sanding block from distressing kit.
other: sparkle gel pen unknown brand...from my girls' stash.


My girls even got in on the action on Sunday for a little while and had fun playing in my stash of Level 1 Kits. Here are a couple of each of their pages. The kits are oldies but goodies.

Emily's pages are on the 1st and 3rd and Aarica's are the 2nd and 4th (darn formating is being difficult so i hope that's the correct order). Em is learning how to properly mat a photo and is getting more creative in her titles. She did her pages with only a little guidance from me. She then helped her sister with her pages.










~K

No comments:

Post a Comment