Friday, March 6, 2009

TGIF - it's Challenge Time!

My world is looking a whole lot WHITE today. I cannot believe all the snow that fell from the sky yesterday afternoon. It actually looks kinda pretty. I wanted to go outside and take pictures as it was falling but I had such a huge migraine and it was way too bright out there. I could not wait for the sun to go down (which I noticed is getting to be quite late these days......and on that note don't forget it's daylight-saving-time. Turn your clock ahead an hour on Saturday night/Sunday morning)



This morning I went for a walk in the yard (brrrr...it got cold overnight) and took a few pics of all the heavy, wet snow on the trees down by the creek. My yard looks so nice covered in snow. If it weren't for it being ....well....snow....I'd wish it would stay like this all year around. What's underneath all that pretty is anything but pretty.






After a long, stressful week I know I could use a little bit of time to relax. I wish I could take my coffee outside and sit in my chair but look at all the snow piled on it. I think I'll have to stay inside and play with paper instead.



But doesn't all that white snow looks so fresh and clean and beautiful? Using that as inspiration, I'm putting forth a little challenge to get you in a creative mood and encourage you to have some fun this weekend. Set aside a little scrapping time and make a layout.....or a card.......


Keep it fresh and clean and simple - just a few bits of colour against a white blanket of snow...um I mean paper. Use:

  • white cardstock as the background
  • one neutral/earthy colour (ie: black, brown, cream, beige)
  • one other colour - something bright and cheerful to give your layout or card a small bit of *pop*

Are you up for this challenge?


Even if you just take 20minutes - give it a try.



Post a comment to let me know how you did. I'd love to see your work too - if you are able to share.




Happy Scrappin Weekend!





~K

No comments:

Post a Comment