Sunday, March 22, 2009

Crop Highlights

While there weren't a lot of us at crop on Saturday we sure had a lot of fun. Yummy food - and tons of baking. Lots of chatting. Many pots of coffee. NO visiters - usually someone stops in for coffee. Oh wait. Heather stopped in TWICE. I think she wished she hadn't been curling and could have come to play with us. We played many rounds of 'when was this picture taken' and quite a few of 'what was happening here'. I'm embarassed to admit I actually asked who the pictures were in one page my mother in law was working on. Turns out it was my youngest SON! Boy did he need a haircut!


Speaking of my mother-in-law....you should see her idea book. WOW! She has a 3ring binder notebook (actually it's an old Reflections Program binder) and it is FULL of inspiration. She has of course a set each of Reflections and Originals pages but also sheets of paper that she has sketched ideas from magazines that have inspired her. She's also cut out images from all her old catalogues of her favorite cards and layouts and examples of various uses for different materials such as buttons, ribbon, safetypins, flowers etc. It's the most amazing thing. I'll have to take pictures of it and post them.


I got out-scrapped by everyone and did NOT come anywhere near getting 8 (or more) pages done like some people but I did manage to complete* three. And by complete I mean, for the most part they are done and if I'm lucky I'll get some journalling onto a couple of them. Journalling is not what I do best some days.

This first one was from Weekend Challenge #2 and the inspiration came from that $20 platter I loved and the sketch I posted. It turned out better than I expected and I think I did a pretty good job of getting what was 'in my head' translated out onto paper. My sister-in-law gets credit for the beautiful photo of my youngest daughter.



All supplies are ctmh unless otherwise stated: Sunkissed Yellow Textured CS; Sweet Leaf CS; Dutch Blue Textured CS; Bubble Gum CS; Chocolate Ink; the square is the back side of a stamp from the Solo E set; Just Blooms - White Daisies & Summer Posies; Bubblegum brads and White Daisy Bigger Brads, the leaves are wired silk leaves - source unknown; EK Success Corner rounder with the guard removed to make the scalloped border & a regular office hole punch for the holes.



The second layout of the day was inspired by the Weekend Challenge #3 (this weekends) to make a monochromatic layout with 3 rows - title, picture, journalling. Of course the journalling hasn't been done yet and I added an extra picture into the 'journalling row' plus you will notice that one of the 4 pictures on the left side is on there twice. That's because I didn't have a wallet sized school picture of my oldest daughter (lots of 8x10s though) so I either need to find the disk that came with her photos and hopefully print a wallet sized picture or I'm just going to removed the top photo, draw an outline where the picture would be and add the words 'photo not available' in it and depending on which way this goes will determine what the journalling says.





All supplies ctmh unless otherwise stated: Autumn Terracotta Textured CS - the back side for the background and the front for the photo & journalling mats; Parchment CS; Autumn Terracotta Ink Pad & Fine Tip Pen; Classic Caps & Classic Numbers Stamp Sets (both discontinued); Ribbon from Autumn Terracotta Collection (also discontinued); and the safety pin was part of an accent package from a special a couple years ago.

My last page of the day is for my mom's album. She has a collection of photos of my nephew on her fridge and some of them are starting to discolour so I figured I'd better get them into albums. No pre-conceived inspiration for this one. I just picked out a piece of b&t paper and the wavey stitched lines provided all the inspiration I needed - that plus the huge grin on my nephews face.

All supplies are CTMH unless otherwise stated: Dutch Blue Textured CS (the reverse side...I LOVE that it has different colours on each side!) and the B&T is from last January's Heart Of Winter Special; Cranberry CS; Outdoor Denim Ink; the alpha stamp was a hostess/customer special from last year - I don't even know if the set has a name. DE Chipboard hearts were part of the DieCut special last fall - one is backed with Cranberry CS the other stamped with Holiday Red Ink and Spot On Background; Sparkles. The photoclip & brad are Queen & Co brand.

So those are the highlights from March Crop Day. Small group but Big Fun!

The next crop isn't until the BIG National Scrapbook Celebration Weekend Crop on May 1st, 2nd & 3rd. There is still plenty of room and registration is still open. I'll be booking upcoming dates in the coming weeks so if there are any requests for a particular weekend get them to me asap. I also have an order going in early this week if anyone needs anything.

~K

1 comment: