Saturday, May 9, 2009

Weekend Recap Pt 3

Sunday's class featured a technique called Emerging Colour. This was my sample layout for the class. Using white cardstock as a base, images from the Connections stamp set were randomly stamped using Tulip, Juniper & Creme Brulee ink. The solid circle from the retired set Magic was stamped with versamark and clear embossed. After embossing I used the three ink colours and sponge daubers/tools to rub - in a scrubbing, circular motion - the ink overtop the embossed/stamped images. The clear embossed images resist the ink and the white base of the cardstock pops out through the colours. You end up with a tie-dyed effect.




Here are a couple layouts using the emerging colour cardstock that were made during the class. Elaine chose autumn colours - barn red, new ingland ivy and sunflower and I snapped a picture of this layout she was putting together.


and Heather used petal, vineyardberry, honey and sweetleaf and I took a picture of her layout in progress which includes a title using the Chalkboard technique too.




I didn't get pictures of anyone elses emerging colour projects but they all turned out great and a couple people even experimented with the technique. Here's a piece Heather made with stamped circles that were lear embossed to mask them and protect their colour. She then took an outdoor denim ink pad and dragged the ink across the embossed images instead of rubbing the colour on. Different end result using the same basic idea.





And that pretty much sums up our weekend. Good times and lots of scrapping fun had by all.

I think I have a few more layouts to share and I'll post those in the coming days.


If you want to check out even more beautiful artwork pop over to http://www.scrapbookandshare.com/ a website set up by Close To My Heart to celebrate National Scrapbook Month. Be sure to leave a comment or two on the layouts that are posted there. CTMH founder, Jeanette Lynton is giving away a Tickled Pink kit to one lucky person who posts a comment each day this month. Winners are posted on her blog http://www.jeanettelynton.com/

I also encourage you to check out the details of the layout contest - there are a few different catagories, and create a layout and enter to win $150 in Close To My Heart products!



~K

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of your little ones on the I wish page...don't we all wish the best for our children...
    Love you

    ReplyDelete