Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Officially in panic mode - Less than 2 weeks!

National Scrapbook Celebration Weekend Crop is in less than 2 weeks. Oh My !

The past few months have flown by. Even with all brainstorming and planning I still feel like I won't be ready. Yikes!

My dining room is looking like a storm blew through as I sort through product and prepare goodie bags and prize packs and prep items for projects and demos. Added to the scrapbook related chaos in the dining room are dance costumes and suitcases and various other 'weekend away, living in a hotel with 4 kids' related items.....including a portable DVD player we won at a fundraiser last night. Whooo hooo - 3hour car trip just got a whole lot easier! I can't find the bathing suits that were put away for the winter and one kid has lost their dance shoes.....I wonder if I included them in a goodie bag by mistake.

Tacked to my kitchen wall are large sheets of paper with "To Do" lists for both dance competition weekend and scrapbook weekend. Yikes!

And I look at my dining room and think.....geee it's too bad I can't see my table because I'd so love to sit and scrapbook for a couple hours tonight. Actually what I need to do (other than prep stuff for crop) is make birthday cards because even though I thought of this a week - or probably two weeks ago, I forgot that I have a massive pile of birthdays in May and I have NINE birthday cards to make. At the very least I think I should make cards for 3 of my 4 kids......one of them has their birthday on the Sunday of crop weekend too so maybe I should start with an 'I'm sorry I went scrapbooking on your birthday....again' card.

One of the new items in the Summer '09 Idea Book is the next How-To book by Jeanette Lynton. "Wishes" contains 109 new card patterns and Jeanette has posted a more detailed description of this book on her blog at jeanettelynton.com She even provides the pdf link to one of those new patterns and I can't wait to use it for one (or two) of the many cards I need to make then next couple week. Why don't you check out the pattern and share with me what you create. I'd love to see your cards.



~K

No comments:

Post a Comment