Friday, April 3, 2009

TGIF - Weekend Challenge #5

We are cleaning the house today....actually it's more of a reorganizing & rearranging rooms project (and I'm bored with it already but am committed to it) which leads to deep cleaning of the corners as we move furniture.

All this cleaning is very uninspiring scrapbooking wise but in the process of moving furniture I've found a few treasures I'd forgotten I'd saved for the purpose of scrapbooking. One of the items found is a theatre ticket to a play, Munch on the Prairie, that my sister-in-law took the younger kids to during Christmas break.

My challenge for you this weekend is to create a scrapbook page using a momento - an invitiation, a letter or card from someone, a ticket stub, a play bill, a tourist map or attraction pamphlet, any little 'treasure' saved for the purpose of preserving the memory of that time or place.

Hopefully this little BIG project doesn't take all weekend and I can get some scrapping done too.

Stop by later this weekend. I may just have a sneak peak picture or two of what's coming in the new summer catalogue.


~K

3 comments:

  1. I have a scrapbook challenge for you Kirsten. With 3 birthdays coming up in May...that you ARE responsible for...I remember how you said once that Owen wondered why he wasn't born in May...but December. So using that idea, can you make a fun page.
    Hugs
    Yo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmmmmm. ya i guess i can. there isn't really an explaination besides the silly pg13 comments that surround the phenomenon but I'm sure I can come up with a fun page about this....and he does really get quite annoyed that "everyone" has a May birthday except him.

    Can't get to it right away but I will put it on my short list of pages to do and start brainstorming ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to take you up on the weekend challenge of making a page with a 'ticket stub'...if you read my blog today, it talks about someone I know that died. Well, when I went up to help out one year waaay back, I took a ferry to get there,and I have the stub, so will do a page or two around that. Trouble is I have to many pictures to choose from! And I guess I missed having it done on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete